Kwun Tong Baptist Church Kindergarten
Guidance Notes for Admission Application (for the year 2023)
KTBCKG has joined the Free Quality Kindergarten Education Scheme
Profile of Kindergartens~KWUN TONG BAPTIST CHURCH KINDERGARTEN
|School Open Day 2022||Due to the pandemic situation, this year’s School Open Day will be cancelled.|
All children born on or before 31 December 2020
(i.e. aged 2 years and 8 months in September 2023) are eligible for application.
2.Arrangements for obtaining application form
from 13 September to
3 October 2022
Method 1 – Online application
Please prepare the following documents when submitting an online application:
1.Birth certificate / Hong Kong Identity Card / Re-entry Permit
2.One Passport photo
* After the online application procedure, please print out the filled application form and submit to our school during office hours from 13 September to 8 October 2022.
Method 2 – In person
You are required to bring along with you photocopy(ies) of the applicant’s birth certificate for our staff verification and submit an application fee $40 per pupil.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00a.m.-5:00p.m.
Saturday– 9:00 a.m.-12:00 noon
3.Arrangement for submitting applications
from 13 September to 8 October 2021
Monday – Friday
9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m.-12:00 noon
Please deliver all of the below documents to us in person or by post before 8 October 2022:
(1) Online applicants:
1. Printed application form and birth certificates after the online registration
2.Application Fee HK$40 by cheque OR cash
– By Cheque: Please write down payable to ‘Kwun Tong Baptist Church Kindergarten’ with applicant’s application no. and name on the back.
(Please kindly do not send a mail to the school with cash).
(2) Applicants who obtain the application form in person:
1. Completed application form
2. One photocopy of the child’s birth certificate /
Hong Kong Identity Card / Re-entry Permit
3. Two self-addressed reply envelope each affixed with a $2.2 stamp.
(Please write the correspondence address and the name of your child on the envelope.)
To prevent any delay in the delivery and thus the application procedure, please ensure the postage is sufficient when posting the application form.
Small Letter (Size limit: 245 mm x 165 mm max.; Weight limit: 50 g max.): $3.3
Large Letter (Size limit: 381 mm x 305 mm max.; Weight limit: 51-100g): $4.1-5.4
For more information, please visit the website of Hong Kong Post:
|4. Arrangement for interview||
Interview opportunities: All successful applicants will be interviewed.
Notifications on interview: Parents will be notified of the arrangement of the interview on or before 28 October 2022.
Date of Interview: 4 November 2022 (Friday)
Mode of interview: Children must be accompanied by their parent in the interview, which will be conducted in the form of games and conversation.
* We may rearrange the interview procedures according to the latest pandemic situation.
|5. Admission criteria||
1. Performance of the child during the interview
2. Development performance of the child
3. Priority shall be given to children residing in nearby districts.
(Given the limited school places, please be noted that not all children or siblings of our alumni would be accepted.)
|6. Admission results and arrangements||
Results: To be announced by post or email before 3 December 2022 (Saturday).
1.Admitted pupils: Parents are required to complete the registration from 5 January to 7 January 2023 (Thursday to Saturday) in person.
– Payment of registration fee: HKD$970
– Submit original of 2023/24 Registration Certificate
2.Wait-listed candidates: Candidates will be contacted by post if there are vacancies after the registration stage.
3. Rejected candidates: In late January 2023, parents might refer to the website of the Education Bureau, Regional Education Offices and telephone hotlines for ‘K1 Classes Vacancy Information’ to apply for a school place.
|7. Giving-up of school place after registration||If you wish to give up a school place at KTBCKG after completing the registration procedures, please inform us in written means at your earliest convenience. Upon receiving your notice, we will inform you in two weeks’ time to bring the receipt to the school in order to redeem the Registration Certificate. Please note that any paid registration fees will not be returned upon the guidelines from EDB.|
|8. Quota of Entries||
AM: 150 pupils
PM: 30 pupils
Total: Approximately 180 pupils
|9. Anti-epidemic measures||
To prevent disease spread, all parents please follow the below measures:
1.Vaccine Pass: Before entering our campus, every parent should scan the school’s QR code on the ‘LeaveHomeSafe’ mobile app for registration, please also make sure to have a completed electronic vaccination record.
2.If your residental area requires restriction-testing (before you obtain a negative result) or you have household members that are COVID tested positive, please do not come to the school. Please contact our office staff at 2342 4008.
The above measures are practiced and will be updated (when necessary) according to the guidelines of Centre for Health Protection and Education Bureau.